The Hacienda is a historic hotel with a full-service restaurant and bar in New Port Richey, Florida. The hotel officially opened September 14, 2022 after a multiyear restoration.Throughout the halls of The Hacienda, guests will discover original accents and architecture from the 1920s, complimented by modern amenities.
The Hacienda features 40 comfortably appointed rooms, each styled with a classic elegance, reminiscent of the hotel’s original, Spanish-Floridian charm. Every room is unique and allows for a different experience with each visit. The hotel first opened in 1927 as one of Florida’s original pink hotels and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Located in the heart of historic, Downtown New Port Richey, The Hacienda is easily accessible from US 19 and near Tampa and Orlando. The Hacienda is also near a variety of event and entertainment venues, restaurants, and shopping. The Hacienda is expected to become a top choice for travelers in the Tampa, Pasco County and Florida’s Sports Coast area. The hotel was restored by hotelier, Jim Gunderson, owner of Lakeside Inn in Mount Dora, Florida.
Upon entering The Hacienda, guests will be transported back in time to New Port Richey in its original heyday, when the quaint town quickly became a notorious hot spot for celebrities and dignitaries from across the country. New Port Richey earned the nickname “Hollywood East” as notable figures made their way to the riverside town to set up homes or spend an elegant evening at The Hacienda.
Hotel Highlights Include:
- Spacious Grand Lobby with ample seating, bookshelves, original chandeliers, an ornate original, restored and working fireplace.
- A lush courtyard, thoughtfully landscaped with seating and a completely restored and functioning fountain from 1927.
- The halls and spaces of The Hacienda are adorned with ornate antiques, original architecture, and historic photos of Downtown New Port Richey from the 1920s and 1930s.
- Mediterranean-influenced dining in our on-site restaurant, Sasha's on the Park, serving breakfast, lunch & dinner with seating for 75.
- A full-service bar, made of reclaimed wood from the restoration, where guests can “celebrate the end of Prohibition” with a handcrafted libation.
- 40 Guest rooms and one King Suite, comfortably appointed with modern amenities and historic charm, recreating the floorplan of the hotel from 1927
- Two second-floor balconies with rocking chairs and gorgeous views of New Port Richey, Sims Park & our Courtyard
- Complimentary Parking and access to Sims Park and adjacent boat docks.
- Walkability throughout Downtown New Port Richey with access to shops, restaurants, entertainment, and galleries.
- Private Dining for up to 25 and a boardroom for up to eight people.
We look forward to you visiting us for an evening cocktail, delicious dinner, or relaxing overnight stay. You are sure to be enchanted by all The Hacienda has to offer.